Journal Articles (peer reviewed, open access) most trigger a PDF download
- Looking for Lyotard, Beyond the Genre of Feminist Manifestos, Trespassing, Spring 2013.
- Fictive Families of History Makers: Historicity at the Los Angeles Woman’s Building, in Doin’ It in Public: Feminism and Art at the Woman’s Building (Los Angeles, Otis Art Institute, 2011), 66-93.
- In The Name of Love: Feminist Art, The Women’s Movement, and History, in The Waitresses Unpeeled: Performance Art and Life, ed. Jerri Allyn and Anne Gauldin, (Los Angeles: Ben Maltz Gallery, Otis College of Art and Design, 2011).
- Another Mother for Peace: Reconsidering Maternalist Peace Rhetoric from a Historical Perspective. Journal of the Motherhood Initiative. 1,1(2010):9-29.
- Topographies of Anti-Nuclear Art in Late Cold War Los Angeles, International Journal of Regional and Local Studies 6,1(2010): 58-71.
- Mother Art Feminism, Art and Activism, Journal of the Association for Research on Mothering, Vol 5, No 1 (2003).
- “Under this name she is fitly described”: A Digital History of Gender in the History of Woman Suffrage, Women and Social Movements, March 2015.
- Unghosting Apparitional Lesbian Histories, a scalar project, Ada, issue #4, June 2014.